Hi! I did today’s mani on the hottest day of the year so far – the temperature here reached 31°C, which, frankly, is just too hot. I’m glad it’s cooled down since! Being a chubby fair-skinned redhead is no fun in a heatwave. Anyway, on to the nails. I picked a bright orange, and teamed it with some yellow stamping.
What I used:
- *Rimmel It’s A Scorcher (orange shimmer)
- CMHandmadeUK scattered holo glitter topper
- MoYou London Bahamas Punch (yellow stamping polish)
- *Born Pretty Store Geometry BPX-L020 stamping plate (review here)
- Sparklea Liquid Leatex
- *Born Pretty Store Clear Stamper
I started with two coats of It’s A Scorcher (very appropriate name at the time!) and then added a coat of holo glitter. I’ve been using this on a lot of manis lately, it’s always sitting on my tray so it’s just convenient!
I decided to add a nice summery yellow colour by stamping the squares from BPX-L020 Geometry plate (you can read my review of the plate here). A coat of HK Girl Glisten & Glow finished everything off.
It’s not often I fancy orange nails, but it is the colour I tend to pick when it gets really hot! Do you have a go-to colour when the temperature rises?
See you soon!