Hi there everyone! Today’s Crumpet’s Nail Tarts challenge prompt was green freestyle, which I took to mean ‘anything goes as long as it’s green’. I only have 10 or so green polishes (dread to think how many purples or blues I have!), and I used most of them in this mani!
What I used:
- Sally Hansen Sea (sheer pastel green)
- Smitten Polish Peppermint Patty (green holo)
- Models Own Ebony Green (dark green jelly)
- Morgan Taylor Later Alligator (forest green creme)
- Barry M Cardomon (green creme)
- Lacquerhead Polish Green Goddess (green shimmer)
- Striping brush
- HK Girl Glisten & Glow topcoat
I picked a waterfall because a) it’s really quick and easy and b) you can throw loads of polishes, different finishes etc at it and it still works.
However, can I suggest not using a base colour that needs four coats, like I did? I’d forgotten how sheer Sally Hansen Sea is!
Once Sea had dried, I used a striping brush to flick lines of all the other greens. I started with the darkest ones, then just kept adding until I liked it.
I love how the shimmers and holo glitters all work together in this!
Check out the links below to see what the rest of the nail tarts have come up with!
See you soon,