Hi folks! Had a busy week again, so apologies for the lack of posts. Normal service will (hopefully) be resumed soon! Today I have the latest #atoznailartchallenge prompt for you, which is candy. I wasn’t particularly inspired by this one, but I had a go.
What I used:
- Rimmel Sweetie Crush Violet Swizzle (violet textured polish)
- Rimmel Sweetie Crush Candyfloss Cutie (pink textured polish)
- Barry M Cotton (white creme)
- MoYou London Sweet Wisteria (lilac stamping polish)
- Essence Stampy white (white stamping polish)
- Halloween stamping plate HK-11
- Cheeky stamping plates CH9 & CH17
- Born Petty Store clear stamper
- HK Girl Glisten & Glow topcoat
I just realised I’ve done a skittle mani, which is also candy! Unintentional themeing FTW!
I’ve had these Rimmel Sweetie Crush polishes for ages, and thought they’d be perfect for this theme. I’ve never used them before, so I didn’t realise how sheer they are. It took four coats before I was happy there was no visible nail line. Thankfully they dry pretty quickly. If I ever used them again, I’d use a similar colour undie.
The middle two nails are painted with Sweet Wisteria and Cotton, two coats each. I stamped the fully nail of sweets from HK-11 plate, then blobbed on a bit of Candyfloss Cutie into the empty sweets. The lilac nail has two images on it, both from Cheeky stamping plates. If you can’t make it out, the top bit says Sweet. I topcoated the stamped nails, but left the textured ones bare.
Quite a cute mani in the end! Not my normal style at all, and I have to admit that I sat and picked at the textured bits until I took chunks out of it! Guess I’m not a texture fan 🙂
If you’d like to join in with this challenge, follow @aznailartchallenge on Instagram to find the rules and prompts.
See you soon!