Hi! Today is rainbow day in the nail crazies unite challenge, so I’ve gone with my favourite way to do a rainbow – a fan brush gradient. To the pics!
What I used:
- Barry M Cotton (white creme)
- Color Alike Red Dragon (red stamping polish)
- Rimmel It’s A Scorcher (orange shimmer)
- Rimmel Daisy Days (yellow creme)
- NYC High Line Green (green creme)
- Revlon Coastal Surf (blue creme)
- Rimmel Ultra Violet (violet creme)
- Essence Stampy white (white stamping polish)
- Fan brush
- Moyra Florality 2 stamping plate
- Liquid latex
- Born Pretty Store clear stamper
- Uberchic ubermat
I started with two coats of Cotton on each nail. Once that had dried, I dotted all my rainbow colours in a line on my ubermat and dipped my fan brush in them, then brushed across my nail. It’s such an easy technique! Cleaning up red stamping polish from round my cuticles took more time (bad decision on my part there).
I decided to add a bit of floral stamping, but the green polish in my rainbow has made the white stamping turn a bit green. Not quite what I had in mind!
I do love the brush strokes that fan brushing leaves behind, almost like a painting.
You can see more rainbow nail art below, created by other ladies in the Nail Crazies group.
Until next time,