Hi folks! Another installment of When Colours Collide today, and the prompt is royal blue and gold. For some reason, I decided to make it hard for myself, and attempt another watermarble! Every few months I get the urge to try to watermarble again, and I think I’m slowly improving. Very slowly. 🐢
What I used:
- Nails Inc The Serpentine (royal blue creme)
- Sally Hansen Wedding Glitters (gold metallic shimmer)
- Thinnest dotting tool I could find
- Plastic cup
- Cooled boiled water
- Liquid latex
So the basic method for these is:
- Collect cup of cool, boiled water
- Drip blue & gold polishes in one by one (the gold spread brilliantly, the blue not so much)
- Using a thin tool, drag a pattern in the polish
- Dip (latex protected!) nail into pattern
- Clean up
Obviously with more swearing. And redoing. Over and over again. No? Just me then.
I’m quite proud of these! Three of the nails look reasonable, not quite sure what happened to my thumb & index nails, they just didn’t want to play. And I managed to carefully latex two fingers, then dunk an unlatexed one into the polish. If I had a braincell I’d be dangerous.
Here’s the collage of all the manis, doesn’t it look great? If you’d like to try the next prompt, join us in the When Colours Collide Facebook group.
See you soon!