Hello! Ive got another review for you from Born Pretty Store. Today I have these pretty *flat back chameleon studs, item no 25387. I’m going to keep the nail art simple today, for a few reasons:
- To show off the studs
- To show off the base polish which is utterly gorgeous
- I’m full of cold and my mojo has gone (cue violins please!)
These studs come in various sizes, ranging from 1.3mm through to 6mm. I chose the 2mm version, which come in packs of 60 for $2.45 (although currently on sale for $1.29). They came in a tiny plastic baggie, which unfortunately had a little hole in it so they escaped into the envelope (and my kitchen floor). I’ve decanted them into a spare container.
I love the way the colours change as you change the viewing angle! So I thought I would pair them with a pretty duochrome polish.
What I used:
- ILNP Sitting Fireside (from www.rainbow-connection.co.uk)
- Nails Inc South Molton Street (sheer pink creme)
- Straight nail vinyl (from www.she-sells-seashells.co.uk)
- *Born Pretty Store Chameleon Studs #25387 ss6-2mm
I started with a coat of South Molton Street to hide some of the staining on my ring finger nail, then left it to dry. All my other nails got two coats of Sitting Fireside. I used a straight vinyl down the middle of my ring finger, then added a thickish coat of Sitting Fireside and peeled the vinyl away. I then attached the studs with a dab of topcoat down the stripe, and a final coat of topcoat to seal them in.
The studs sit squarely on my nails – obviously the size of the studs will influence this, plus the natural curve of your nails. I was very happy with the 2mm size. They show off so many colours as you wiggle your fingers, it kept me amused for quite a while!
My topcoat is making bubbles, ignore that!
Born Pretty Store sell thousands of nail art bits and pieces, and other fashion & beauty items. You can get 10% of any full price item if you use my discount code TPMW10. Shipping is free worldwide, but allow anywhere from 2-8 weeks for your items to arrive from China.
* Items provided free of charge for review purposes, however any views stated are my honest and unbiased opinions.
See you soon!