Hello! Today I have the next installment in the #whencolourscollide challenge. This week the prompt was Autumn Colours – red, orange, brown, yellow, bronze, gold etc. No blues, pinks, whites allowed! I thought that autumn colours deserved an autumn mani.
What I used:
- Rimmel Saturn (shimmery olive brown)
- Revlon Cheyenne (shimmery burnt red)
- Crabtree & Evelyn Clementine (orange creme)
- Makeup sponge
- Liquid latex
- MoYou London Black Knight (black stamping polish)
- Barry M Gold Foil (gold stamping)
- Bundle Monster monocle clear stamper
- Born Pretty Store plate BP-19
- HK Girl Glisten & Glow topcoat
I started out with one coat of orange, then sponged on a gradient of brown, red and orange. I painted liquid latex around my nails before doing the sponging which made cleanup *so* much easier!
I then stamped the leaves in black to give a shadow effect, then stamped again in gold. Everything was sealed in with a coat of HK Girl.
I really liked these! I think the gradient looked better in real life though. Its been ages since I’ve done a gradient, I’d forgotten how good they can look.
I’ll leave you with the challenge collage. If you’d like to try the next challenge, head over to the When Colours Collide Facebook group and join us!
See you soon,