I’ve been nominated for a Liebster award!
So what is a Liebster award? It is basically a way to find new blogs to follow, and to get to know the bloggers better. The idea is that you get tagged by a blogger, who asks you 11 questions to answer. You then tag another 11 blogs, who should all have less than 200 followers, make up 11 new questions to ask them, and let them know.
I was tagged by the lovely Lottie from Let’s Talk Nail Art.
So, on to Lottie’s questions!
1. What made you start blogging?
I wanted a way to record my attempts at nail art. I could have just taken photos, but I wanted to share! My other half isn’t interested, and my friends like my nails but they aren’t obsessed like I am!
2. What is your favourite colour nail polish?
Haha! Depends on the day, phase of the moon, what I had for dinner… I am always drawn to the sparkly or shimmery blues & purples though. I much prefer strong, bright colours to pastels and neutrals.
3. How often do you do your nails?
Every 2-3 days on average. I get bored if I leave it any longer, and I don’t always have time to do more often.
4. If you could recommend a nail polish to your friends what would it be?
Freckles Polish Phil McCrackin. My all time favourite purple. I also adore I’ll Need Wine, also from Freckles.
5. What is your favourite type of nail art?
I’m really into stamping at the moment!
6. What nail tools do you use the most?
My MoYou London & Creative Shop stamper, various stamping plates, and Rainbow Connection Zap! latex barrier. Oh, and a slanted eye-shadow brush that I got for £1 from Wilko that I use for clean up.
7. Why did you start doing nail art?
I suffer from depression a lot, and one of the things my therapist recommended I do was to find one part of myself that I could learn to love, and build on that. So, I chose to start painting my nails and making sure that they always look fabulous! The love is slowly spreading to the rest of my body – I’ve started losing weight, improved my skincare and updated my make-up so it seems to be working!
8. What is your favourite part of blogging?
I love writing all the text, telling the story of each manicure.
9. What is your least favourite part of blogging?
Taking the photos. I have a decent camera, but not the skills to use it properly!
10. What is your most improved type of mani? (post a picture if you want!)
Stamping, definitely. I’ve gone from only being able to pick up an image 1 time in 10, to getting decent(ish) results every time.
11. Would you rather Quality Followers or Quantity?
Any followers would be nice! But yeah, quality followers who read and leave comments would be awesome.
There you go!
I’m going to nominate the following blogs (I’m basing it on bloglovin follower count, apologies if that is wildly wrong!):
1) Little Bottles of Happiness
2) Hellz Nails
3) Cara Loves Nails!
4) Tipped Off Nails
5) Hair Nails Etc
6) George’s Art and Nails
7) Nemo and her Nail Obsession
8) Nails ‘n’ Bobs
9) Pardon My Nails
10) Flails and Nails
11) Polished Princessnell
These are the questions I’d like you to answer:
1) What made you start a blog?
2) Where do you get your nail art/make-up inspiration from?
3) What polishes are at the top of your want-to-buy list?
4) Honesty time – How many untrieds to you have in your stash?
5) Indie or mainstream?
6) What’s your nail & cuticle care routine like?
7) Is there a nail art technique that you haven’t tried yet, that you’d really like to? Or one you’d really like to improve?
8) Any brands that you would really like to try, but haven’t yet?
9) You can take 5 polishes with you to the desert island. Which 5 do you pick?
10) What got you started in nail art?
11) Tell us 3 random facts about yourself.
Looking forward to reading all the answers! Thanks again to Lottie for the nominations. Now go look up all those blogs and get following!
Till next time,
Love, Jo x